Many garage door companies in Maryland and throughout the United States focus on profit-first initiatives whereas Garage Door Repair Maryland focuses on top-notch quality service at the utmost satisfaction of all our customers.
Garage door opener installation costs and garage door installation costs can run high – that’s why at Garage Door Repair Maryland, we promise to provide all affordable options to each and everyone one of our customers.
It’s important to understand that with changing technology and increased features, garage door opener installation costs can vary. There are two mains types of garage door opener – belt drive and chain drive openers.
When considering your next garage door opener installation cost, it is important to understand the difference between these two types and what to expect.
Pros and Cons of Garage Door Openers
Chain Drive Garage Door Openers
- Affordable and reliable
- Some units have smartphone features
- No battery backup features
- Older technology
Belt Drive Garage Door Openers
- Runs smoothly with ultra-quiet performance
- Durable, stronger, and lasts longer
- Low maintenance
- Some units feature battery backup to allow operation during power outages
- Smartphone Controls
- Camera devices with connectivity to your smartphone
- More expensive
- Belt comes with lifetime warranty that sometimes needs to be replaced
Cost Factors For Garage Door Opener Installation Costs
Garage door opener installation costs can vary due to the myriad of features available for purchase. Including installation, garage door opener installation costs including the device start at $399. The following factors below are just some of the many factors that will dictate your garage door opener installation costs:
- Drive Type: Garage door openers are available with chain drive systems and belt drive. If you’re looking for affordability, choose chain drive. If you want lower maintenance and quiet, choose the belt drive door opener.
- Strength of Motor: You need to know the type or weight of garage door installed at your home to have a motor strong enough to lift it. Most openers are available in 1/2 hp; however, stronger more durable openers are available for heavier garage doors.
- Budget openers have very few bells and whistles.
- Stepping up a model or two should allow you to install an optional keypad outside your home to open or close your door with a pin number.
- You can also connect the garage door to your home security systems, and open or close via smartphone.
- Other units even have battery backups to allow the door to operate when you lose electricity.
It is important to decide what features you are looking to have when choosing your next garage door opener and knowing what your garage door opener installation costs will look like.
For additional questions in regards to garage door opener installation costs and other garage door services inquiries, please call Garage Door Repair Maryland at (301)-200-1217 Garage Door Repair Maryland offers same services in Northern Virginia, Southern Maryland, and Washington, DC .We Are Also Serving in Loudoun County, potomac md, rockville md, bowie md, silver spring md and laurel md.